300x250

27 June 2008

Heading North to the Land of Cowboys

Well, maybe not Cowboy land, but Wyoming does have a cowboy on their license tag and cowboys are the mascot for the Univ of WY.
My destination: Laramie
Purpose: to race in probably the hardest 2 day race I know of in the western US.
Race: Dead Dog Classic

RR on saturday is 138km. Its basically, go down from 8400 ft to 7500ft in 7mi, then go up to 10800 ft in the next 20mi. Descend 15mi. Repeat.

I went over 10000ft for the first time on my bike on Wed when I rode up CO-7 from Lyons to Peak-to-Peak then up to Brainard Lake which is just about 10400. I had some hypoxia and felt a little light-headed. I think it was more due to hydration than just altitude b/c I have never gotten altitude sickness. It was a hard day though.

Everyone else in my life is going well at the moment. I apologize for the lack of communicado. I will post a good race re-cap when I return. On a coolness factor, I got name stickers for my bikes. Yeah, you know the ones the pros have on their bikes. My says, "M.Barrowclough" It has an American Flag on it also to designate my nationality so when I rtn to foreign lands, they will know me =)

Ciao,
Matthew

No comments: