300x250

11 June 2008

Crawling into the Closet

Nothing like beats a hump day than climbing into the closet of pain. The closet of pain is the time trial race held here in cycling rich Boulder. I've been doing these for the past month now. Its a great mid week race effort and is super convenient, basically suit up at the crib and roll out to Lyons for the start. Today we had opposite conditions of last week: sun, clear skies, and insane winds. I rolled out of the house only to blow out my tubular 300m from the front door. I ran back to the house with the bike in tow, trying not to destroy my cleats. Threw on a training rear wheel and jetassoned off to the start. Now I was 10mi behind schedule. So I guess my tt effort would start a little sooner than planned. Coincidently, I had the same rushed effort last week. When i got to the starting tent, I was 30s off of my start time. Fortunately, the kind folks let me start 7min later. Plan was to drill it in the beginning, then settle into a nice comfortable spot of the pain closet. Do you see the juxtaposition in that statement? yeah, I'm trying to use some language tools I learned in college. Lame? Whateva...Whateva...

I managed a good effort, 20th overall, 26.56 over the 10mi course. A little slower than last week but its to be expected with the winds. Some loss due to non-aero wheel. Overall, I'm satisfied with my progression. The thing with time trialling is that it takes a lot of practice to understand your limits and when to push and when to hold a few cards in your hand. Its definitely helping make me a more rounded rider which is what I strive for.

On a food note, I made a sick salad tonight. It was a stir-fried tofu-pineapple spinach salad with a peanut sauce. It was pretty sick. Lacked some heat but I blame that on just forgetting to add some chilis to it. Next time. Super good though.

Watched the finale of TopChef tonight. Arguably one of the best programs on the tele these days. I think my spin on the spinach sald would have given them a run for their mullah. If you are going to be in the Johnson City, TN area on August 2, you must come to the Barrowclough House Party. I've been summoned back to the motherland to put on a display of culinary nirvana. Its the summer version of the much hyped about return of my culinary wizardry. Atleast this what my critics tell me.

Chow,
Roberto

No comments: