300x250

29 January 2008

Things I will Miss and Not Miss about SF


What I will miss: The best produce in the city! West Portal Produced Market. They hook me up all the time. Like this morning, I bought two Fuji apples and a naval orange. He charged me for the apples, $1.00 and wouldn't take my money for the orange. I am going to drop a thank you card off to them before I leave and maybe get a photo with the guy.

What I won't miss: Battling peds everytime I want to cross the bridge into Marin in my bike. Why don't those people at the Golden Gate Transportation Authority open the west side all the time for cyclists and not just on afternoons and weekends?! But I will miss the shear beauty of the bridge and water and the opportunity to ride across it all the time =)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My vote goes to the route that is most logistically time and cost efficient. Save the time and money for training and new bike tires. ha :) Have a safe trip.
David

Matthew Barrowclough said...

Well, the northern route by Google maps says its longer distance but shorter drive time. The southern route is shorter, but longer on time. Either way, its a 2 day trip. Just a matter of 2 hours difference. The southern route is more scenic.