300x250

12 December 2007

Shout out to 525 Lake Point Drive

Lots of things going on in my world these days which is the reason I have been so lax on the blogging despite the pleas from my brother michael and sister megan. These two have been commenting all week on my hack blogging. Well, I have good reason, I had blogging block, similar to writers block but for those who write to the www masses.

Okay, so lots of things going on. I can't elaborate on everything right now but there are some big changes going on in my life. To tease my readers, I will just say that its better to do what you need today rather than putting it off till tomorrow.

On an easier note, I am taking my first cooking lesson with Chef Kerry tomorrow. You can check out his website, www.chefkerry.com. He is going to give me some knife skill lessons and my first lessons on sauce-making. We are suppose to do a Italian puttanesca and a Thai red curry. Both should be delicious but will also provide some solid framework for other sauce making. I have a big meal planned for my family on Christmas Eve, one that will require us to pass the food around. You might think this to be trivial but we have not had a big, pass the food around meal at our house before. I think it will be beautiful and we can finally satisfy Megan's Hollywood dinner dream lol lol More importantly, it will be a great time for everyone to gather together. Lauren and my new brother-in-law, Alex will be coming up. So it will be the beginning of a new book for the Barrowclough's. To those that will be attending the festive event, we will be holding nothing back, full courses, antipasta, soup, salad, pasta, entree, and desert along with lots of wine =)

My cold is on the way out which is good for the training. I was up in Sonoma County this past weekend doing some riding with the team. I made my butternut squash risotto which was pretty tasty and enjoyed by all. Riding was good, lots of quiet roads and incredibly steep pitches. My accelerations on the hills is like nothing i have experienced before. Result of hard training and some weight loss, at 72kg now versus 75kg last year. I have been a little a laxer on the diet the last two weeks b/c I have been sick. Still just watching my calories. the fall back is that I get crazy cold now but it will be worth it come race time when I am flying up the hills. Last night the CMA sailing team members commented on how thin I was as did the cycling team this weekend. I like hearing it just like the models do hahaha.

Well, I will end with that. I hope to reveal more to everyone in the coming days.

Chow,
Matthew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"megan's Hollywood dinner dream"

a)not surprised she has one
b)it WOULD include lots of wine!

ahahah she better partake in it! i know that as her fellow starved UT roomie ANY homecooking would do us some good--but your dinner will be a feast!!

seriously though: ya'll have a nice time
drink up megs!! lol

Ashleigh

Anonymous said...

Ha Looking forward to the Hollywood dinner, I expect big things and nothing to be held back. Glad to hear you're feeling better, take that picture of your car and we'll write that letter to subaru and get you hooked up. Peace
-Daveo