300x250

08 July 2007

New Flavor

Yes, your eyes are deceiving you, I have decided to give a new look to Bomb This Hill. Think of it as a new chapter in your journey through my thoughts. Aren't you lucky?

Today marks Day 2 of no riding per my coach's prescription. If all goes well, I will be released from therapy on Tuesday morning. I had a minor lapse yesterday by riding my bike to meet my good friend Christina for brunch in Russian Hill, but I promise that I tried as hard as I could to coast as much as possible. The ride was more of a convenience factor b/c I despise driving in the city and public transport wasn't ideal. My friends think my riding is kind of a dangerous obsession. Perhaps....

Since returning, I have been on a huge fresh vegetable and fruit diet. Dinners have consisted of fresh spinach salads with chickpeas(protein), red peppers, cucumbers, carrots, and tangerines with a soy vinagrette. Its been pretty tasty if I might add. Also I made a new curried couscous dish. Super easy and tasty. See the recipe below.

The fog has cleared today and is shaping up to be a nice day. Since I don't have cable I followed Le Tour via Velonews live text coverage. I turned on the tele later while sipping some coffee and the tv announcer mentioned George Hincapie will be starting stage one as 3rd on GC so we will see how the stage finishes. The station, KRON4, out of SF, failed to realized that the stage ended by 8am pst and the report was made at 8:50pst. Pitiful coverage of the biggest bicycle race in the world. However, they did show a video spotlight on the Carerra de San Rafeal criterium from last night, but it doesn't help them redeem for their SNAFU of Le Tour....::::stepping off of soapbox:::

Cheers,
Matthew

Curry Couscous
1 cup of dried couscous
2 tbs of curry powder
1 tbs of cumin powder
1 tbs of tumeric powder
1 small diced yellow onion
2 cloves of diced garlic
1/2 cup of diced red peppers
1/2 cup of fresh broccoli
1 cup of cooked chickpeas
1/3 cup of fresh basil(diced)
2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste

Steps:
Bring 1.5 cups of water to boil. Dump dried couscous with curry, cumin, and tumeric. Turn off heat, stir couscous and then cover for 5 min. If water remains, turn heat on low and continue to stir until water is gone. While couscous is cooking, heat 1 tbs of ev olive oil and saute onions for 3 minutes then add garlic, peppers, broccoli. Throw in a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir. Once couscous is done, add couscous to to saute pan. Add chickpeas, basil and 1 tbs of ev olive oil. Stir ingredients together. Cook for an additional 5 min over low-med heat. Now serve. Enough for 4 people. For additional spice, add red pepper flakes to your liking.

Enjoy!

No comments: