300x250

06 July 2007

Back to reality....ohh there goes gravity...ohh there goes gravity

Well, its been 3 days since returning. I slept to a reasonable time this morning, 6:15am better then the previous few days. Legs still feel like junk though. After my race on Sunday, I could only focus on everything that didn't include proper recovery. Traversing the French rail network, immigration lines, and 11hrs of flying with 9 hours of sleep over two days after racing 174km added to the malay. Since returning, I rode the Paradise Loop(~3hrs) on Wed and I did 3 hrs today. All super easy but the legs still haven't recovered so I am going to take the next few days off and let the body readjust. Next week I am doing the Cascade Classic stage race in Bend, OR and want to do well. Should be a good race with the road course throwing in some demanding climbs. My biggest concern is the TT. I don't have a TT bike but I am going to borrow some TT bars from a teammate. The next bike I get will have to be a TT bike. I think I have a good disposition for TT'ng but trying to compete with the top guys who are all tt'd out makes it difficult with my road setup. Nevertheless, I will still drop the hammer and kill myself on the ride.

My adjustment back to my life here has been good. When I first got back, it was very strange. I had never been out of the country for more than 12 days so being gone for over 5 weeks definitely was a little shock. I had a Peet's Coffee yesterday which tasted pretty good, but I do prefer the euro coffee much more now. But we all have crosses to bear and not having access to euro coffee is one of mine =) I have been on a binge of fresh fruit and vegetables though. I made a excellent tasting curry couscous last night with fresh broccoli, red bell peppers, onions, and cucumbers. It hit the spot last night and for lunch today. Nectarines and yellow peaches are full swing right now, and I must say I have done quite well in taking advantage of these opportune times.

I am working on a few new recipes. So Bomb This Hill will soon have several online recipes for your culinary enjoyment.

Cheers,
Matthew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet pics, was able to get through customs and on my next connection at Washington Dulles in under 15 min this morning, with 7 min to spare until the next flight. Pretty good timing eh? Mucha suerte en Oregon.
Dave