300x250

22 September 2008

The Changing of Times

The leaves are beginning to share their beauty that has been hidden since last year. Yep, its officially fall in Colorado. We still have temps in the 70s/80s but the mornings are cool and the colors are beginning to shine. Since moving west in 2005, I haven't really experienced a fall foliage since there is no such thing in San Francisco. The changing of times represents a new year, a changing of life, and rediscovering of comfort. Fall certainly has to be my favorite time of the year. Not just because my birthday is less than a month away...hint hint...but temps are a little cooler and life seems a little more relaxed.

Cyclocross season is in full swing here in The Republic. I will be taking part shortly. My new rig should be arriving soon. It's going to be fun, dirty and totally sick. Pics will be posted of the new addition to the quiver.

Today is my sister's wedding anniversary, so happy anniversary Lauren and Alex. This time last year I was cooking up a storm and recently released from my chain(ie neckbrace). Times have definitely changed....

For a small digression from usual banter on this weblog...when you are out with friends/boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband turn off the damn blackberry and no texting. If that call, txt, or email is so important why are you wasting the time with that other person? Nothing annoys me more than people who do this. So don't be that girl or that guy.

Digression over....

Chow,
Matthew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love fall too but can't wait for December to come and carve it up on the slopes of Colorado!

Love,
Megan