300x250

16 July 2008

Vive Le Tour!

Tour is in full swing now. Its definitely proving to be quite an exciting battle with numerous lead changes and several favorites cracking on the Pyrenean cols. To celebrate le tour and do the typical french thing, I chose to go all french and had coffee and a sweet crepe for breakfast this morning while watching Le Grand Boucle. It was quite tasty and good consistency following my poor crepe effort last summer. I went with a banana-honey-peanut butter feeling. Had I had some Nutella, it would have been perfect.

Seeing the race on the tele and brings back many fond memories of my brief time in France last summer. Next year, I will be back =)

Its been wicked hot out here in Boulder. I'm on a break right now, prepping for the Salida Omnium on Jul 25-27. I'd like to put in a good result in the weekend's racing. My in-race confidence and bike handling are super high right now so hopefully the hard work and with a little luck something will come my way.

At the end of the month, I'm flying back to Tenn to visit family and cook for my mom's summer fiesta. It should be spectacular. So if you are in that area, be sure to get in touch. Going to do a little racing too in Winston-Salem, my birthplace.

Ciao,
Matthew

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! The party is going to be great! I cant wait for it and for you to be home again! See you soon!


Megan